Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day Whatever: Saturday

Today, we are going on an adventure--my first real venture since surgery. We go to Beloved's sister's house and arrive at the tail-end (ha, ha) of a "doggie party" they are hosting. All the neighborhood dogs are there--the weather is absolutely beautiful and all the neighborhood kids and dogs are running around in the backyard. I talk to lots of nice people and even meet the author of "Mockingbird," which Beloved's sister gave me for Christmas and which I very much enjoyed (and highly recommend). I talked to a gastroenterologist and she explained what "actutely inflamed" meant, I blanched. I am more relieved than ever that they took the damn thing out!

At the end of the day, Beloved asked me how I was holding up, and if I were all tired out. I said I felt fine, then promptly slept for 10 hours straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment