Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I'm Totally Mainlining Culture

Hello hello hello, via Jezebel:

Alicia Keys is producing a Broadway play called Stick Fly, "a comedy about an affluent black family who come together for a weekend on the posh island of Martha's Vineyard in Massachusetts." She explains: "I'm passionate about this play because it is so beautifully written and portrays Black America in a way that we don't often get to see in entertainment. I know it will touch all audiences, who will find a piece of themselves somewhere inside this house." [Reuters]


I saw this play a couple years ago at the Contemporary American Theater FestivalIpso facto or something like that, I am totally "in the zone."

I also saw Farragut North, another play that's being produced in Washington, DC, at the same festival (but different year, I think). At that play, I distinguished myself by being the only one who gave it a standing ovation. It wasn't the first time that happened at a play. It's amazing how hard it is to keep standing, once you realize that no one else is, it's just you. But looks like I wasn't the only one who thought the play was aces!

No comments:

Post a Comment