Tuesday, August 2, 2011

House Smells: Odd Todd Gets It

I loved this post from Odd Todd: http://www.oddtodd.com/theres-no-smell-like-home.html.

"So the other day I was thinking about the houses of my childhood friends and how they all had a certain smell. Not necessarily a good smell or a bad smell. Just a smell that smelled like their house smelled like....Then it dawned on me that I never thought my childhood home smelled like anything in particular....Then I realized that my house DID have a smell. I just never noticed the smell because I lived in the smell all the time."

I have often reflected on this very thing. And always wondered what our house (where I grew up) smelled like. I suspect it smelled like outside, boys, and dirt. Also, if "yelling" has a smell, it smelled like that, too.

Thanks to Rachel, I know what my house smells like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment