Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Old Time Radio Fan

I love old time radio. Every Sunday night, I listen to "The Big Broadcast" on my local NPR station. For four fantastic hours, they replay old radio programs. "Johnny Dollar" (insurance investigator), "Gunsmoke," "The Jack Benny Show," "Mercury Theatre" (Orson Welles), "Broadway Is My Beat" (hard-boiled police tales from the big city), "Dragnet," "George Burns and Gracie Allen."

I especially love old time radio around the holidays. It's just a big warm and fuzzy, and the special programming is as relevant and delightful today as ever.

One of my favorite blogs posted one of these holiday specials, "The Cinnamon Bear," which I absolutely endorse. Check out this post...and the podcasts: http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/2011/11/28/the-cinnamon-bear-an-old-time-radio-christmas-tradition-4/

No comments:

Post a Comment