Friday, November 4, 2011

The Ped Gets A Ticket for Jaywalking


It's true. I got a ticket for jaywalking a couple of weeks ago. I was crossing the street--SAFELY. It's too tedious for words on why I was safe yet crossing against the light and not in the crosswalk, but you just have to trust me. About halfway across, I saw the undercover bastiges; well, "undercover" is not strictly accurate, but I didn't notice them in time. Probably due to my hyper-vigilance in crossing the street safely…anyway, I saw them, they saw me, and I was waved over.

For about three seconds, I suddenly heard the theme music from "Cagney and Lacey." I seriously thought about making a break for it!  Only two things held me back (apart from being a law-abiding [this incident not withstanding] citizen):
 
1)      I had my big-assed work bag with me, so did not have the range of motion I would need to dart in and out of the pedestrian traffic; and
2)      I had on ballet flats which would no doubt fly off at the first opportunity. 
     




So that's the story.

Tyne Daly Tangent

Tyne Daly (brunette) has two bottom lips. You can see this when she smiles. This is not a bad thing, but I mention it due to the time I devoted as a youngster trying mimic her smile in the mirror (that's Tyne today, and you can see what I mean):



Also, Tyne Daly was in a "Dirty Harry" movie.  If anyone thinks that the women's liberation movement wasn't necessary, take a gander at one of those movies—all the women are hookers, sexually available at Harry's word, or murder victims. Really disturbing. That shit would not go nowadays, thank heavens! The installation that Daly was in featured her as Harry's partner—perhaps as a sop to women who were none too pleased with their depiction in the first movie(s)?

She is the sister of actor Tim Daly.

And finally, Daly is currently starring as Maria Callas on Broadway in a show called "Master Class."


I am hoping I can catch the show, and have my flame of fascination for Tyne renewed!





No comments:

Post a Comment