Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Movie Quote Answer

Did you get it?

Here was the clue: "You should have seen the cover they wanted. It wasn't a glove, believe me."

****

That line is from "This Is Spinal Tap," a mock "rocumentary" about a hard-rock band. The movie is one of my top five movies of all time. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

The scene is between Bobbi Fleckman, the record label's representative, and Ian, the band's manager. They are discussing the cover art for Spinal Tap's latest album. The album is called "Smell the Glove."

(From my memory, so forgive me if I get some of the wording wrong):

Bobbi: "Ian, you've got a naked woman on all fours with a dog collar around her neck. There's a man's hand reaching towards her with a black glove, pushing it in her face and making her sniff it. You don't find that sexist? You don't find that offensive?"

Ian: "You should have seen the cover they wanted. It wasn't a glove, believe me."

Brilliant.

Here's the band: Derek Smalls, Nigel Tufnel, and David St. Hubbins. And no, I'm not giving the actors' names because it's better that you find out yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment