Thursday, December 29, 2011

#ThingsIRegret

There is a twitter hashtag #ThingsIRegret. A lot of the tweets are about wasting time on people who aren't worth it. But quite a few are variations of "I regret nothing. My experiences make me who I am today."

Question: what makes you think you're all that?

To me, the "my experience makes me who I am today" insinuates, "and that's a good thing, because I'm an awesome person." Perhaps I am too cynical. Or worse.

I must say, I have regrets. I try to limit my regrets to shit I should have done and didn't and shit I did that was morally bankrupt. All my other "negative experiences," I attribute to ignorance, lack of experience, or stupidity.

Which leads me (somehow, but I bet you were thinking it too!), to New Year resolutions. I have a love-hate relationship with NY resolutions, but my principal one this year is to eat more mindfully.

I'll write more about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment