Monday, March 28, 2011

Another Royal Wedding and the iPad2

I was a teenager when Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer were married. On the morning of their wedding, I set my alarm, woke up waaaaay early, crept downstairs, and was shocked to find my mom already up and watching the wedding ceremonies. Like most teenagers, my mom and didn't often converse during this time of my life.

"Hey," I said in surprise.

"Hey," she said in response, equally surprised.

I sat down beside her on our battered sofa and we made some introductory remarks about how beautiful Diana's dress was and all the people watching, etc. Finally, she said, "you know, I didn't mention that I was getting up early to watch this because I felt stupid." I laughed and said, "me, too." After awhile, she said, "I'm glad you got up so we can watch this together."

Now there's another royal wedding—that Prince and Princesses' eldest son, Prince William, is marrying Kate Middleton (as if any of this needs be said). I have considered taking their wedding day (April 29) off so I can get up early and indulge myself by watching all the festivities. But, I have to be a grown-up and go to work that day.

In other news, I have been thinking of buying an iPad. I was going to wait to buy the iPad2 until the iPad3 came out and I could get a deal on the iPad2.

Today, I saw that Apple is putting out a free "royal wedding" app for its iPad.

I may just have to get myself an iPad2. Immediately. That way, my mom can watch at her house, and I can catch glimpses on my iPad2, and we can virtually be on the old sofa at 423 Jackson Street again.

No comments:

Post a Comment